11 things we CAN do on these days of Coronavirus distancing
With all the news and articles about the things we can’t do. We wanted to focus our attention on the things that we CAN still do while staying home. Be Kind, support one another, abide by the rules for community safety and the people around you.
1. Buy Local. More than ever, our small businesses need your support!
- With the sudden closing of restaurants, many local restaurants offer drive-up service when you order ahead (TIP generously!) Here's Hoboken Girl’s list of restaurants offering delivery in Hoboken & Jersey City.
- Many small businesses in our area have retail online. Here’s a few; Mint Market, Alba Boutique, AXd, and The Margo Market
- Purchase gift cards from local businesses to use later
- Don’t panic, local businesses have ramped up their cleaning practices to ensure their businesses are sanitized and clean for your visit
- Many local businesses have Facebook pages, websites and many local moms & dads have Etsy online stores. Instead of shopping on Amazon, shop local and have those items delivered to you or ready for pick-up.
2. Draw, paint, write a poem or even learn a new tiktok dance!
You don't have to show it to anyone.
3. Take the time to reconnect
Call someone you haven’t talked to in a while…that friend you used to be close with. We all have them
4. Work out!
Take out those old aerobics dvds or find some online videos. Let’s face it, that New Year’s resolution have probably fizzled by now, so why not get back to it? work out and lose some weight.
5. Watch a new movie.
Have you watched the Oscar Best Picture Nominees? Rank them and determine your own winner…Or take a family vote.
6. Write a bunch of thank you notes.
For what? I have no idea, but you’ll think of something. It feels good to be appreciated. Let someone know.
7. Cook and bake!
We eat out a lot so take this opportunity and YouTube a great recipe and make a fun dinner that you’ve never made before. Share the recipe on social media so someone else can try it too.
8. Make a list of the top 10 things you need to fix around the house.
You can start tackling the projects or you call a handyman when the virus passes. 😂🤣
9. Read a good book.
There's lots of free downloads through our public libraries or other websites. Check out the Overdrive app or Libby.
10. Walk outside.
Walk everyday. For a long time. Fresh air and some sun are good for the body and soul.
11. Start meditating
And don’t forget to say a prayer for those that were hit the hardest by this virus.
Click the link to get a calendar of activities you can do with your family! This list can surely keep you busy for the whole day.
(it is not our calendar and all information you see does not belong to us. for questions and concern about the calendar please email [email protected])